Friday, October 14, 2011

Treasures

Tonight's project was my disaster of a front closet. Coats are organized and set, but the closet's a bit of a catch-all for craft projects & materials, photos, photo albums, and other mementos. Five plastic file bins to go through...full of cards, pictures, maps, programs...lots of memories. And it was a blast to organize - to relive some of the trips I've taken, the things I've seen, and the opportunities I've had. Among the treasures I found:

  • a yarmulke
  • old driver's license - issued in 2005
  • old driver's license - issued in 1993
  • business card from the restaurant in Vancouver where I took Joette for her inaugural sushi experience (where we ate salmon, salmon and salmon). Since then, we've probably eaten at least 100 rolls of sushi together.
  • ticket stub from when I saw Wayne Newton in Las Vegas 11/6/01
  • "Where San Francisco" magazine from June 2001
  • $1 casino chip for Ballys/Paris Las Vegas 
  • postcards from Virginia, Vegas, Maui, Reno, Bahamas, Seattle, New Orleans
  • temporary tattoos. Which I'm TOTALLY wearing tomorrow
  • a card from my family to me "As you start college"
  • programs from nine different weddings (2 of which have ended in divorce)
  • invitations to my wedding - which the invite company screwed up (red flag, anyone?)
  • corrected invitations from the invite people after I went all bridezilla on their asses
  • replica "Spice World" Spice Girls world tour 1998 VIP pass 
  • my sister's college graduation announcement (2000)
  • Italian language lessons on cassette tape
So many fun memories, so many laughs and smiles. Biggest lesson I'm taking from this - I'll always have the memories...don't need the actual memento. Kept the cards with personalized notes. Kept the things that really mean a lot to me. Kept the photos. Will ALWAYS keep the memories.

1 comment:

  1. Also found...
    - Jim Rome Tour Stop info from 2002
    - 10h grade high school ID card
    - Three John Starks basketball cards
    - Journal from college...the hot mess years
    - Graduation card (and check!) to my cousin...from 200

    ReplyDelete