| The looks I got in meetings when I used this pen were priceless |
I had already organized and purged unneeded files on my computer, but rather than go through paper files (mostly just boring contracts anyway), I decided to see what was in the cabinet in my office. The most interesting things I found:
- Six jump drives
- 58 golf balls
- 7 miniature US flags
- One fly-fishing tackle box with two flies
- A card from my sister and brother celebrating my 5 year anniversary at the company (had my 12th anniversary this summer and all I got was an e-card the CEO's assistant...she schedules all of them at the beginning of the year. It got caught in my spam filter.)
- Day-timers form 2004, 2005 and 2006. With very little written down.
- A pair of sticky lungs. Throw them against the wall and they walk down the wall.
- A tin of mints from the Space Needle
- A pencil holder from Juneau, Alaska (thanks KAT!)
- Two pens with big feathery plumes - one of which was purple and had a sparkly high heel coming out of it. Sadly, neither had ink.
- 9 bags of Kona Coffee
- CYA notes and observations from when I started to report to a former boss-turned-nemesis. We became friends for a short time while I reported to him, but always always trust your first impression. It's almost always right.
And that's AFTER I got rid of a lot of stuff last year when I did an office move...and found a few bottles of wine. They were delish.
In my defense, I used to organize a golf tournament to benefit lung cancer research, so the sticky lungs and golf balls make sense. And I sell sponsorships to conferences - including one in Montana - which is where the fly fishing box came from. And I travel often, and like to collect things. I did find a few coffee cups, some nice leather portfolios, picture frames, and other items that I dropped in the cafe to find new homes with my co-workers. The good stuff I'll save and will away to my peers when I leave.
No comments:
Post a Comment