Friday, October 7, 2011

My Happiness Project Goals

Each month I'm going to focus on another goal/resolution. I already know that I'm starting out with de-cluttering and purging for October. Other than that, I'm not really sure what I'm going to do when. I want to get a better balance between my OCD planner side and my spontaneous "go with the flow" side. It's always feast or famine, as I generally lean too far in one direction. Right in the middle is much more where I'd like to be.

So in no particular order, some of the things that make me happy, and some of the things I want to do in the next year include:
  • Regularly getting more sleep
  • Exercise more
  • Create order in my life
  • Become a better mother
  • Find more fun
  • Smile more frequently
  • Make new friends
  • Make sure my friends know how much I value them
  • Get my finances in order
  • Adjust my spending habits
  • Give more to charity
  • Keep a gratitude journal
  • Write My Boob Book
  • Meditate
  • Develop a healthier lifestyle
  • Become comfortable in my own skin
  • Watch less, or better, television
  • Learn about classical music
  • Stop eating fake food
  • Meet up with a friend at least once a week
  • Take more pictures of my kids
  • Organize my online photos
  • Detox
  • Read the Bible
  • Learn a foreign language
  • Become a better photographer
  • Become a good braider
  • Create a bucket list
Hmmm. I might have bitten off more than I can chew here. Looks like a lot for the coming year. But I'm not going to over-extend myself. I get done what I get done and I'll be happy with that.

2 comments:

  1. I can knock a few off that list - braiding and getting together with a friend. Just say when - I have Barbies, American Girl dolls and my mop of hair for you to practice with before we attempt it with your girls' hair.

    I love this - I've been itching to get my house in order, so I'm hoping you will inspire me to work on myself as I follow your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sara - without exaggeration, you are the best braider I know, so I definitely want to learn from you (and I always love to get together!!)! And thanks so much for following me!

    ReplyDelete